Things to enjoy during Khmer New Year (2012)
by, 04-12-2012 at 06:26 PM (278 Views)
Happy Khmer new year! Here are things to do
1) Foods: If you live in California there are many temples within driving distance you could go to and chances are those temple has safe food vendors. Those vendor has been pre inspected by local city or county officials.
2) Your chance to meet and greet someone new if you're single. This time of year, Khmer converge to the temple and if you're lucky, you might run into a lady or a gentleman that you use to know or get to know someone.
3) Get to see old friends or to see family. call them up to meet and celebrate at the local temple
4) A chance to dance Khmer. Yes, if you enjoy dancing, we Khmer have our own styles.
5) For those who think you got Khmer pride...this is the time to show it...not just all talk and no show.
6) Lot of free food at the temple...people cook food for offering and if you want you could join the feast right after the monk done. Go to the 'vihear' before 12 noon.